Professional Study Visits
Swedish Care International is proud to bring Sweden’s historical expertise in elderly- and dementia-care to life by organising professional study visits for international organisations.
SCI partners with leading elderly and dementia-care homes and daycare facilities to highlight their expertise, experience and best practice to visiting health and social care professionals, governmental representatives, and health-focused organisations with heightened elderly and dementia ambitions. Arranging your study tour with SCI means that you access world-class facilities that place the resident at the centre of the entire health team’s efforts.
For an enriching dementia-focused experience, a visit to Sweden is not complete without a visit with the team of professional caregivers at Stiftelsen Silviahemmet Foundation – established in 1996 by HM Queen Silvia of Sweden with the express interest of promoting the highest quality of life for the person with the dementia diagnosis and his/her family. Since then Stiftelsen Silviahemment Foundation’s unique training methods and philosophy has expanded to include certification programs for healthcare organisations or departments; prestigious M.Sc. level learning opportunities for healthcare professionals focused on bringing dementia-specialisation into their work.
Amongst the organisations you are welcome to visit includes:
- Karolinska Institutet – Sweden’s single largest centre of medical academic research and offers the country’s widest range of medical courses and programmes.
- Swedish Care International – an internationally active organization that develops, packages and exports Swedish elderly and dementia care knowledge and best practices to other countries
- Stiftelsen Silviahemmet Foundation – a centre of excellence in the field of dementia care and training, and dementia day care centre, founded by Her Majesty Queen Silvia of Sweden in 1996
- Sophiahemmet University – a university that specialises in nursing and medical science and provides “Silvia nurse” specialist nursing programme in dementia care
- Swedish Dementia Centre – a centre that facilitates research and distribution of knowledge in dementia care.
- Various elderly and dementia care nursing homes around Stockholm
- Other related organisations or institutions, if needed
- Visits are adapted to the specific needs of your organization
- Max. 20 participants
- A visit at each institution takes approximately 1 to 2 hours.
Please let us know your focus, goals and your budget for a study visit with SCI. We will do our best to accommodate your needs and interests. To avoid any disappointment, please be sure to plan your visit well in advance, as this helps to facilitate a smoother booking process.
Complete this request form with your query.
Alternatively, you are welcome to contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with the headline “Study Visit” or call us at +46 (0) 8 408 102 89.