Basic Geriatrics – Train the Trainer
The aim of the TTT concept is to provide the trainer with education material to be used in courses for staff in different care settings as well as for families of elderly people.
The course content covers basic knowledge on normal ageing and age-related diseases as well as information on how to cope with common disabilities and sicknesses connected with old age.
On completing the program, the participants will:
- Be able to identify health changes connected to normal ageing.
- Understand the role of a caregiver for a senior person.
- Know basic factors that contribute to health.
- Be aware how to prevent age-related health problems.
- Identify common diseases related to ageing.
- Be able to implement some care measures in response to some disease-related problems.
- Know what dementia is and how it manifests itself.
The content is divided into six chapters:
- Gerontology – the knowledge on normal ageing
- Care in normal ageing
- Preventing illness
- Geriatrics – the knowledge on age-related diseases
- Geriatric care
The Basic Geriatrics Train the Trainer program prepares the program instructors in the Territory, which will include:
- Up to 80 hrs (10 days) of training course, which will cover:
- Key knowledge on gerontology, geriatrics and care
- Geriatric care teaching methodology
- Practical education based on case studies
- Examination (1 day) – in the Territory by an SCI representative
- Instructor Diploma – upon successful examination, issued by Swedish Care International
– Professional education as: nurse, care assistant, physiotherapist, occupational therapist or other adequate care profession.
– Experience: at least 2 years of practical work with elderly patients, in care institutions or home care settings
– Additional experience: experienced in education or training
For more information please contact us: